Student's Selfie NFT Collection Goes Up 876% in 24H Volume
Ghozali Ghozalu, a 22-year-old student from Indonesia, has turned 933 selfies into a viral non-fungible token (NFT) collection, dubbed “Ghozali Everyday.” Ghozali initially sold each item at ETH 0.001 (USD 3.37), but the floor price has since appreciated to ETH 0.25 (USD 843).
"I took photos of myself since I was 18 to 22 years old (2017 - 2021) it's really a picture of me standing in front of the computer day by day," Ghozali's NFT marketplace OpenSea profile reads.
As of 9:35 UTC on Thursday morning, the collection has 448 owners and a trading volume of nearly ETH 270, worth nearly USD 910,158 - gaining 876.87% over the past 24 hours. Therefore, it ranks number 36 on OpenSea's top NFTs list by volume.
The collection became a meme after a few NFT collectors and celebrities piled in and promoted it. Je Jouw, an Indonesian sneaker and streetwear entrepreneur, first shilled the NFT collection.
Subsequently, Arnold Poernomo, an Indonesian celebrity chef and judge on a cooking reality series Masterchef Indonesia, promoted the series on Twitter, saying that he "bought in planning to help Ghozali Ghozalu for extra income." He even created a Discord server for the series.
The market for NFTs has started the new year with strong momentum. OpenSea, a major NFT marketplace, processed over USD 1.36bn in volume within the first ten days of 2022. The marketplace marked its best day so far this year on January 9, processing over USD 261m in volume.
- Insiders Predict: NFTs the 'Gateway Drug to Crypto', More Countries May Adopt Bitcoin in 2022
- NFTs in 2022: From Word of the Year to Mainstream Adoption & New Use Cases
- OpenSea Sees Massive Volume, Collections Gain Popularity as NFTs Boom in 2022
- Unstoppable Domains’ New Feature Allows Ethereum, Polygon Login With NFT Domains
- Political Boost May Be on the Horizon for South Korean Metaverse, P2E, NFT Champions
- Top 20 NFT Marketplaces Where You Can Buy & Sell Digital Collectibles